The Red Sea Research Center (RSRC) Open Science Conference 2019 is a student and postdoctoral fellow-led symposium exhibiting RSRC research and featuring international keynote speakers.
As during previous Open Science Conferences in 2017 and 2018, we aim to provide a friendly platform for all RSRC students, postdocs, research technicians and research scientists to showcase their work (at varying stages of completion and/or success). Published something interesting? Let us know! Stuck with an intractable problem? Perhaps a member of the audience can suggest new ideas!
The talks will be punctuated by other exciting events: there will be a poster session and five keynote talks.
The keynote speakers are luminaries in marine science and include:
- Prof. Camilo Mora, University of Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Dr. Maria Dornelas, University of St. Andrews, U.K.
- Prof. Paul Marshall, NEOM, Saudi Arabia
- Mr. Philippos Papageorgiou, National Fisheries Development Program, Saudi Arabia
- Prof. Kyle Lauersen, Department of Bioscience, KAUST, Saudi Arabia
- Conference Chair: Dr. Daffne C. López Sandoval
- Invited Speakers Committee: Dr. Daffne C. López Sandoval, Sebastian Overmans
- Scheduling Committee: Dr. Fran L. Aparicio, Dr. Alexandra C. Camba, Dr. Ghaida Hadaidi, Walter Rich
- Activities Committee: Dr. Eva Aylagas Martínez, Dr. Ricardo Alves
- Design & Communications Committee: Shiou-Han Hung
- Treasurer: Shiou-Han Hung
- Significant Contributors: Christine Nelson, Seda Gasparyan, Manal Bamashmos, Jin Zhu, Prof. Michael Berumen